Marinated Mushroom Salad
Author: Ruth Goodwin
Recipe type: Main
Delightfully different, mushrooms are true super foods, and so many to choose from. There are no hard and fast rules with quantities here, just adjust to taste. This recipe is so easy...and the taste, beautiful.
- A large handful fo mushrooms, of your choice
- Marinade : fresh garlic cloves (to suit) chopped into very small pieces, and oil, again of your choice. I like flax oil.
- Spinach leaves
- A few spring onions, chopped
- Lemon juice
- Pomegranate seeds
- To garnish : pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Marinate the mushrooms in oil and garlic for approx an hour.
- Layer the greens, chopped spring onion, and marinated mushrooms in a bowl or on a plate
- Squeeze over the lemon juice, and sprinkle pomegranate seeds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds over the top. Enjoy!