Raw Choc-Rose Brownies
Author: Ruth Goodwin
Recipe type: Sweet Treat
These raw brownies use minimal ingredients, all raw, and are melt in the mouth delicious. Always popular presents for friends and family, great to take to dinner parties, get togethers or just simply to eat with a cheeky cup of tea in the afternoon.
- 2 cups flour of your choice - I use almond because it's moist
- 1 cup of medjool dates and figs, mixed
- Rose water flavouring - a few drops to taste
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- pinch of salt, optional
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- Topping :
- Raw chocolate or chocolate of your choice, cacao nibs and ground macadamias
- Add the dates and figs to a food processor, I use my Kitchen aid for these, and whizz up until they form a smooth paste.
- Add the almond flour and the cacao powder, and whizz up again
- Add the maple syrup or raw honey, and whizz again. Whilst its still 'whizzing' drop in the rose water
- Taste and if necessary add in more sweetener, or maple syrup/honey
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper, and tip the brownie mix into the tray
- Press into the tray with hands until firm, flatten down so it's even and place in the fridge to set
- Pour melted chocolate over the brownies whilst in the tin, and sprinkle cacao nibs and macadamias over to finish
- When the chocolate has set using a sharp knife, cut into squares.