Pecan and Caramel Brownie Balls
Author: Ruth Goodwin
Recipe type: Snacks
Pecan and caramel are such great flavours together, and these brownie balls deliver delicious -ness in spades, along with health giving properties of nuts, coconut oil and raw cacao. A decadent treat to eat as a snack, or as after dinner chocolate truffles.
- ½ cup Medjool dates
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup Raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Few drops of caramel flavour - Medicine Flower are amazing
- Handful of chopped pecan nuts
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut - and more for rolling
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp gluten free oats
- Method :
- Whizz all the ingredients apart from the pecans in small quantities in a Vitamix or similar, until you have a paste.
- Stir in the pecans
- Chill until firm in the fridge for half an hour to an hour, until firm enough to roll
- Roll in toasted desiccated coconut. Enjoy!
- These are also excelled rolled in dark chocolate, before sprinkling with coconut for an extra special treat.