Hemp Seed Hummus
Author: Ruth Goodwin
Recipe type: Snacks
Serves: large bowl
Regular hummus is just great, but it's always nice to shake it up bit. Why not use hemp seeds - full of omega 3 fatty acids, fibre, all the essential amino acids, and great taste too. This hummus recipe couldn't be easier to follow. I serve it with smashed avocado, and salsa in lettuce wraps. Delicious.
- 400g chickpeas, sprouted ideally
- 3tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, grated to your taste!
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- the juice of one lemon
- teeny bit of sea salt, if desired
- Water - to create the desired consistency
- Hemp seeds to sprinkle on top
- Method :1. Whizz up the hemp seeds in a food processor, nutribullet or similar to create a powder
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and whizz up - adding the water in gradually until it starts to go creamy
- Add salt if required and whizz again
- Pour into a bowl, and if serving immediately sprinkle hemp seeds on top. Enjoy!