Ginger Flapjack Biscuits
Author: Ruth Goodwin
Recipe type: Biscuits
A firm favourite with my Be Balanced Tasting Club - particularly Kate Binner. So easy to make, and ready in no time. A lovely recipe to make with kids, for the whole family to enjoy. Coconut butter makes a good substitution for dairy, if it's not your thing.
- 4 oz/100g Organic butter (preferably grass fed) or coconut butter
- 2 oz/ 50g Coconut sugar
- 5 oz/125g Gluten free oats
- 2-3 heaping teaspoons of ginger powder - to your taste
- 1 tbsp Raw honey
- 1 tsp Maca powder (optional)
- Method :
- Line or grease a baking tray
- Whisk the butter/coconut butter and sugar in a mixer until creamy
- Add the oats, and ginger powder, and the Maca if using, and mix again
- roll the dough into small balls, and press them flat on to the baking tray. leave space around them for spreading.
- Bake for 15 minutes, approximately - oven dependent
- Allow to cool on a cooling tray.