Blackberry Immune Boosting Syrup
Author: Ruth Goodwin
Recipe type: Drink
This recipe was passed on to me by Adrian Buttree whose grandmother used to make it. I've added Raw honey to make it less tart, and advise taking a tablespoon a day during coughs and colds season as elderberries contain huge amounts of antioxidants to help with the immune system.
- A small saucepan full of freshly picked elderberries (don't worry about pulling all the berries off the stalks)
- Water to cover them
- 1-2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp of Raw Honey (or more to taste)
- Place the elderberries in the saucepan, cover with water, and simmer, to allow the elderberries to reduce down.
- When reduced add the ACV, and then press the mixture through a sieve.
- Add the honey, and taste. Add more if you need more sweetness, they can be very tart.
- Keep in a bottle or a jar, and take every day or as required.
- Keeps for weeks! Enjoy.