Blackberry and Courgette Cake
Author: Ruth Goodwin
Recipe type: Sweet Treat
Cuisine: Cakes and Buns
Beautiful blackberries, picked from the park by my mums house, were the inspiration for this moist and delicious cake. It goes really well with coconut cream, or yoghurt!
- 3 cups of zucchini/courgette
- 3 cups of flour - of your choice
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- 2 eggs or 2 tbsp of chia seeds stirred into a little water until 'set'
- 1 cup melted butter or oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups of fresh blackberries
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Grease two small cake tins
- Melt butter or oil in a saucepan
- Stir in the sugar, lemon, and eggs and mix well, with a hand whisk
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir together
- Add in the blackberries, stirring gently
- Pour the mixture, evenly split, between the two cake tins
- Place in the oven, cooking time may vary by oven